Ballenger AFR500v2 With NTK Sensor HP Tuners
Couldn't load pickup availability
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 Air Fuel Ratio Monitor has proven very successful. In a world where cost-cutting reigns supreme, we’ve kept the calibration quality air fuel ratio meter made by ECM going strong. Previously sold as the NGK Powerdex AFX, it was replaced in the NGK/NTK product line due to high cost and low margins despite its popularity. Sometimes quality comes at a price, and we plan to keep offering this high quality product to consumers, dedicated tuners, and industry professionals.
The AFR500 makes true wideband technology with top of the line measurement equipment available to enthusiasts and tuners for the first time. Air fuel ratio offers critical feedback for tuners to alter parameters to achieve maximum power and efficiency from their engine.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 Air Fuel Ratio Monitor offers a range of true wideband sensors from low cost options to lab grade sensors. No competing system offers this flexibility in this price range. Comparative systems typically sell for thousands of dollars for dedicated calibration equipment.
The AFR500 is capable of reading air fuel ratio values from 9.0:1 to 16.0:1 (0.62-1.1 Lambda) for standard range or 6.0:1 to 20.0:1 (0.411-1.373 Lambda) for wide range with a resolution of 0.1 to provide excellent resolution in the tuning range of most performance vehicles.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 utilizes sensitive Nernst style, pump and reference cell based sensors that can detect a wide range of oxygen concentrations in order to properly interpret air fuel ratio in a variety of combustion environments.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 offers a linear analog output to be used as an input to engine control systems, gauges, or data acquisition systems. The output varies from 9:1 at 0v to 16:1 at 5v for the standard range or 6:1 at 0v to 20:1 at 5v for the wide range.
- Ballenger AFR500 Air Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit with Production Grade NTK Sensor
- Sold As A Kit
- SKU: 60004
Summary of Changes for the v2:
- Lambda Display Option
- Extreme Range option for FI methanol and laboratory applications
- 0.411-1.373 Lambda
- 6-20 Gas AFR
- 2.66-8.88 Methanol AFR
- Increased display speed
- Bosch LSU 4.9 Option (Not recommended for methanol)
- Methanol Display Option
- Faster analog output
- All harnesses, control units, accessories, etc (except the LSU 4.9) are backwards and forwards compatible
- Options are selectable at any time via internal jumpers
- NTK Calibration grade sensor highly recommended for low AFR methanol applications. NTK Production Grade is the least expensive sensor we recommend for methanol applications.
The base AFR500v2 will include the following:
- Large, bright digital display controller (3.4in x 2.7in x 1.3in)
- 13 ft or 7ft wiring harness with sealed connections
- Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensor (NTK Sensor options available, as well as the Bosch 4.2)
- Weld in steel exhaust boss and plug
- Mounting Velcro
- Comprehensive Installation, troubleshooting and tuning manual
- 0-5 volt Analog Output Signal
- 11-28 volt Input Power (24v system capable)
- Compatibility with most aftermarket ECUs
- Compatibility with popular tuning systems like HPTuners and SCT
Compatible Fuel Types:
- Gasoline / Petrol (leaded or unleaded)
- Alcohol (Methanol)
- Ethanol (E100, E85, E20, E15, E10, etc)
- Flex Fuels
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Many other combustible fuels
- NTK production grade sensor